I am honoured to be your instructor when it comes to photography. I believe the best instructors are passionate about their subject and genuinely concerned that their students get full-value for their time and investment. It doesn’t matter to me whether we work together in a formal teaching session or at a camera club or during a personal session. The venue may change but not the intent which is for you to learn more about your camera equipment and have more fun taking the best photographs that you can.
For my professional students, I want you to have fun too and I also want you to be growing in your photographic career. There is little that stands between being a good wedding, portrait or commercial photographer and being a great one. What’s needed is a little information and lots and lots of practice. Robert Capa might have said that if your photos aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough and that’s great advice. But, I say, if your professional photos aren’t as good as you know you can be, then get out there and shoot more – lots more.
After teaching thousands of students I know that the best students are eager to learn how to work their cameras and are excited about the new possibilities that digital photography provides. And after working with some of the best instructors in the teaching business I know that they are dedicated to the success of their students. This is an unbeatable combination and it is what you can expect when you attend one of my classes.
Here’s just a sampling from real, unsolicited emails that I’ve received in the last two years following our time together:
- Peter-I really enjoyed the class you taught us last weekend at Henry’s and I really learned alot with your great style of teaching – Debbie
- It was great that we had an instructor who showed some passion for the topic – Wayne
- You did a great job of teaching, and I really like your presentation style. In fact, when my friend and I showed up for the course, we were glad to see you were teaching it. We sat in on three of your sessions at the Henry’s imaging show and we liked the way you presented–so much so that we signed up for the Henry’s course as a result – Chris
- You did an excellent job teaching as I have learned so much – Robyn
- I attended your class last Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed it – Sandro…
- Thanks for your willingness to help out your students. The courses have been great and I have been so impressed by the helpfulness of all of the instructors – Shelley
- Thank you so much for all the great advice. It was way more than I expected – Chris
- It was a pleasure meeting you…thank you for all of your pointers and encouragement – Amy
- Thank you very much…I hope to take part 2 very soon as well…I’m really excited – Zach
- Enjoyed your presentation on travel photography – Norm
- I found you to be very knowledgeable and you presented the material in a way that would be easy for any beginner to understand – Philip
- I am a member of the XXXX Club. Perhaps we could hire you for a visit? – Bernie
- I just wanted to thank you for teaching the flash workshop – Chris
- You are so thorough and real easy to learn from!! Thank you again for the info…going to read it over and over!!! – Iana
- Just a quick note to thank you for a “GREAT” presentation last night – Bruce
- …and thanks again for your expert teaching skills – Denise
- Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for the very nice workshop…I am trying out all of your tips! – Jocelyn
- Thanks for your support – Trevor
- Thank you very much for you time and patience in today’s class.
- I just want to thank you again for the great workshop yesterday. I have gained some courage in exploring the many possibilities with our new camera – David
- By the way, what courses are you teaching next? Any plans to privately teach a black and white course? If you do, I could probably round up a few photographers – Chris
- I really enjoyed the D80 class on Saturday – Bernie
- My wife and I were at the photo show on Friday and attended your presentation which we enjoyed very much – Frank and Susan
- Just a note to let you know how much I enjoyed your talks on Composition and Flash techniques yesterday afternoon – Michael
- Thanks so much for the helpful advice – Howard
- I enjoyed your seminar VERY much. You have quite a talent in teaching, not to mention photography. Your seminar was the right mix of teacher led instruction and student facilitation – Sheri
- I am inspired & am looking forward to the next class & the next travel adventure – Penny